Monday, February 21, 2011

COOKIES!!

So for a lot of women, breastfeeding contains a lot of hurdles. My biggest problem is with supply. Granted, it's not a huge problem for me, but is definitely an issue during certain parts of my cycle. So, when I can feel my supply beginning to dip a bit (and I can tell because the Eskimo is no longer satisfied to feed on just one side. He wants both, and usually ends the nursing session screaming because he wasn't finished), I start drinking Mother's Milk Tea, taking Fenugreek and now, I'm trying out some lactation cookies! I figure if I'm going to breastfeed and supply my baby with all the nutrients he needs, then I deserve some cookies. Plus, they're "guilt-free" because it's helping your milk supply. Right? At least, that's how I'm looking at it. :) This is the recipe I'm trying:

http://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-lactation-cookies-by-noel-trujillo-192346

You'll notice they're chock full of good things like flaxseed meal, brewer's yeast and oatmeal. All of these are great things for your supply. However, I don't really like oatmeal, so I definitely need to hide it in a cookie. And have you ever tried brewer's yeast? It's nasty stuff. So, pour on the sugar and chocolate chips! I'm definitely going to tell my husband that these are lactation cookies and he probably won't like them. We'll see how long that lasts. ;)

I'll let you know if they help my supply!

No comments:

Post a Comment